Friday, August 1, 2014

You are Worth the PURSUIT!!!

Have you ever had one of those moments where you have read or heard something that made you squirm in your seat or avoid eye contact with someone?  You know, one of the moments where you think, “Oh crap!  They’re talking about me

I’ve had quiet a few of those over the years, but I don’t think I’ve had a reaction to something as fiercely as I did one particular book that I read about three years ago.  I literally had to put it down many times before I could finish it.  Don’t get me wrong, it was a FANTASTIC book, but it was one of those that hit too close to home way too much.  Parts of made me felt ashamed of myself, while other parts made me feel sad for people I’d seen do some of the things the book was referencing.

What book would this be, you ask?  It’s probably not what you’re expecting…

Here it is…


Anyone else read this one?  If you haven’t, please do…it’s written by a guy (with a woman’s view as well) and it will open your eyes!

If you did read it, did you feel as uncomfortable and just plain embarrassed as I did?  Gah!  It was not fun reading this one, but it was a definite eye opener.

I could tell at that point that God was really working on me when it came to my attitude towards dating and being single.  I had hit this point in my life where I felt like a failure because I wasn’t in a serious relationship.  At that time, I was 27 and I had just bought my first house.  Here I was feeling like a true grown up for the first time, and the lack of “love” in my life made me feel like I wasn’t successful.  It’s a very lonely feeling and I started to question God as to why I hadn’t been able to find someone yet.

Has that happened to you?

A few weeks after I finished reading this book, I heard a sermon about love and relationships.  The pastor did a really good job of addressing not only the married people, but also the singles.

I began to see a connection between that book and the sermon…the pastor said it best.
“A man should pursue a woman the way Christ pursues the church.”

Wow!  This statement changed my view of dating and relationships in a big way.
I’m not going to lie here…I was so guilty of several of the “excuses” women use when it comes to dating (“He’s Intimated by Me” and “Maybe He Doesn’t Want to Ruin the Friendship” excuses were my biggest ones!).  I think I’ve heard every excuse Greg Behrendt identifies.  If I’m not guilty of saying or doing it, then I know someone who is!
It’s scary, ladies!  When did we resort to making excuses for why we don’t have a date/boyfriend?  I think it’s a coping mechanism we use so we don’t feel bad about ourselves.  We have to put a stop to this!

 
 


Once I started letting go of that notion that I had to make things happen, I couldn’t believe how much happier I felt.  My stress levels decreased and it was so much easier to enjoy my life.  God has taught me a lot about me over the past few years.  I certainly do not have it all figured out, but I’ve learned to stop whining and complaining about what I don’t have and just be thankful for all the blessings God has given me.

 
 

Ladies. if you spend your time pursuing God, then you will be blessed immeasurably!  I know I’ve used these before, but they’re so great that I’m going to share them again!







My prayer for all of you is that you grow to love yourself just as God loves you!  I pray that you realize that you are worthy of someone pursuing you in a passionate, Godly way.  You DESERVE the best God has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment