Friday, August 1, 2014

You Already Have the Most Amazing Love Story...

As I was sitting in church this morning listening to my wonderful pastor preach about God’s love, I felt a peace settle over me because I realized that even if I never find love here on Earth, I’ve already got the greatest love story ever.
I’ve been a follower of Christ since I was twelve years old.  I was raised in church from the time I was born, and my parents set a great example of what it means to be a Christian.  Now, that doesn’t mean that I’ve lived my life perfectly (because the good Lord knows I’m one of the most imperfect people out there).  Throughout the trials and tribulations in my life, I’ve always felt peace when I’ve called upon God.  His unwavering and unconditional love always mystifies and uplifts me more than anything else in this world.
Pastor Joel talked about how we can’t truly love anyone else until we understand God’s love for us.  I agree with this 100%.  I believe that in order to have love with another human being, we must first have that relationship established with God.
 
 
Over the years, I’ve seen many folks get married, and I’ve been so blessed to be part of their happiest memories.  Unfortunately, not all of those marriages have worked.  There are always a million different reasons why a relationship ends.  One common thread I’ve noticed with some of the folks I’m closest to is that they entered into their marriage because they were looking for someone to fill some kind of void.  I’ve heard people say, “If I can just get married, then I’ll finally be happy.”  Sadly, marriage is not a remedy for an unhappy life.




I found this quote on Pinterest some time ago, and I fall more in love with it every time I see it.  As single people, we need to learn that we have to first love God and ourselves before we can ever hope to love someone else.
I don’t know about you, but I’d really love for my future husband to be so in love with God and respect himself.  That’s the man I want to spend the rest of my life with and be a father to my children.  God knows who he is and God knows when it will happen.  Until then, I’m going to love God and myself with all my heart so I can be the best wife for that man.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment